Friday, February 2, 2018

Four Designer Challenge: January Day 5

There's not a daily challenge, but instead four designers were given the same products.
We each picked some to play with for the week.

Today is the last of our January product challenges.

Yesterday, you got to see Anna and Sue's cards made with these products.
Today, Gracie and Theresa will share their designs.


Gracie is up first.

Next up was playing with Theresa's envelope.  Chocked full of goodies.  Pick two.  I'm sorry.  I couldn't pick just two.  The first card was made using a black and white flocked card base.  I do believe this will be going to my hubby this year.



I started the card with a small piece of black card stock.  The image is from The Graphics Fairy.  I printed the sentiment on my computer.  I added the black printed strip of paper from my scrap box.  I added the pale green rose and pale pink roses as they are the colors on the girl's dress.  I tied up a bit of ivory tulle with ivory ribbon and attached the string of pearls.  Finished!

The next card screamed to be done after the first flocked card.  It is a silver and white flocked card base.


This card came together quickly.  It is all die cuts.  The heart and the sentiment are Silhouette files. 
 I am unsure of the flower.  The rectangle is from Pink & Main. 
 I cut the card base down to 3 3/4 x 5 and mounted it a white card stock base.  I offset the flowers.

OK, OK,  I know I was supposed to stop here but I am showing two more quickly.  Theresa had napkins in the envelope and I can't pass up sticky embossing powder and diamond dust embossing powder!




That's it for today!  I had so much fun!  I encourage you to just look around your craft area, pick one thing, and create a card!  Happy crafting! ~ Gracie


It's hard to follow Gracie!
Here are my creations using the napkins and card bases.


I used a black cardstock to create my card base and 
used a whole bunch of Specturm Noir Sparkle pen to create the shimmer. 
I adhered the napkin (colored layer only!!!!) to a piece of white cardstock that had been run through my
Xyron 5" Sticker Maker. You could use any type of sheet double-sided adhesive too.

I used red glitter paper that I bought at Dollar Tree and plain white cardstock to cut the Love sentiment die from Catherine Pooler's Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection. 
I diecut the napkin piece using the Lattice Frame die from Catherine Pooler Designs (SOA).
I stamped the & Kisses (from CPD Love is in the Air SOA) with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.

Not your typical napkin card, but I really like how it turned out.

Next up, I used one of the pre-printed card bases, a little twine, 
a simple diecut rounded rectangle and sentiment from
a stamp set that I don't know the mfg. for and added a few sequins from the Dollar tree and
called it done.  I also used a couple other of the pre-printed bases earlier in the week for other cards.
We really hope you've enjoyed this look at the various cards made with the same starting supplies.
We challenge you to go through your craft rooms, gather up 2 or 3 of the same things and see what kinds of cards you can make using the same product to start with. I think you'll surprise yourself. ~Theresa



We will be doing this challenge again in April, July and October 
with new products and we may even up the ante 
and add a few other challenges just to keep the ladies on their toes. LOL 


Happy Crafting 
Theresa, Gracie, Sue & Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment