Thursday, February 1, 2018

Four Designer Challenge: January Day 4

There's not a daily challenge, but instead four designers were given the same products.
We each picked some to play with for the week.

Today and tomorrow are from the envelope of  Theresa's picks.

Each designer had to make at least two cards using the any of the supplies.

Today we'll see Anna and Sue's designs and tomorrow will be
Gracie and Theresa's turn with them.

Here's what the designers had to work with:


Two Valentine themed paper napkins and two pre-printed polka-dot textured card bases
(not everyone got the same colors).

Anna's up first with her designs.

I picked the pearl card stock with the black dots, added a tag and again used a stamp from Bible Journaling, embossed it in silver and added some blank Queen & Co chalk ink around the edges.  Added pop dots to the back and poof a card! 



 For this one I used pearl card stock with white dots added two shaker hearts from the Mark Richards collection and used a tag from our embellishments with pop dots on it.  Not fancy and definitely not my best but it was 11 PM !! ~Anna


Sue is up next with her two choices.

So this one really had me puzzled. I had never before used a napkin on a card. I checked out Pinterest looking for inspiration. What I ended up doing was using modge podge to adhere only the printed layer of the napkin to cardstock. I trimmed it down and matted it with dark gray. I added a sentiment, stamped with Hero Arts Bright Pink ink using the stamp from Simon Says STAMP Lots of Thanks stamp set. I added a heart-shaped gem to complete the card. 


For this card, my inspiration seemed festive - with the shimmer of the gray card. I chose the Unity Stamp Bright Spirits, which I stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I added color with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and moved the color around with a water brush. I fussy cut the cocktail. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I matted the sentiment panel with purple cardstock. When I adhered the cocktail, I popped it up using dimensionals. 




Stop in tomorrow to see our last of cards for January's Four Designers Challenge.

We will be doing this challenge again in April, July and October 
with new products and we may even up the ante 
and add a few other challenges just to keep the ladies on their toes. LOL 


Happy Crafting 
Theresa, Gracie, Sue & Anna

1 comment:

  1. I whole bunch of napkins that someone gave me for this technique, but I never did do it. Certainly these cards are inspiration to get them out and do something.

    ReplyDelete