Thursday, December 20, 2018

Thursday in 3D 51-2018

It's Thursday in 3D!  There are so many ways to make 3D Christmas cards - a box card, a bendy card, an easel...  Today I chose to make a Christmas ornament using directions from Jennifer Maguire.

Here is the video for inspiration:


And here is my ornament:


The ornament is really easy to make.  I die cut 9 circles from white card stock with one final circle of blue glitter card stock. I also die cut 3 acetate circles. 

I sponged the background using Distress Oxide inks Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans.  After adhering 6 circles to one another I adhered the background.  I then added light blue seed beads and topped the 6 circles with acetate.  I placed 2 tree groups stamped with light green ink with a snowbank to the acetate.  I then added 3 circles and put teal blue seed beads with the second layer and covered the layer with acetate.  I adhered one more layer of trees stamped with blue ink and covered the bottom with another snow bank.  I topped the circles with another layer of acetate.  I finished the ornament with a circle of blue glitter card stock and blue ribbon.  I also covered the back with blue glitter card stock.

I'm pretty sure I will be making more! ~ Gracie
 

2 comments: