Saturday, December 15, 2018

Scene It Saturday - 50-2018

WOW! This week went by fast. It's already my last day here as the designer. I hope that I've been able to inspire you in some way.


The theme for December is winter holidays (Christmas, Chanukah, New Years).  For Scene it Saturday, the theme is to create a scene card. 

Here's my card


On a scrap piece of shiny silver cardstock, I added alcohol inks (stream and citrus) with an alcohol ink applicator and felt. I placed a few drops of each color onto the felt and “dabbed” it many times on the shiny cardstock until the cardstock was covered. Once the alcohol inks dried, I used Memory Box Pine Border Background die to die cut the trees. I also die cut the outline with silver shimmer cardstock with Memory Box Pine Border Outline die. Using a glue pen, I adhered the outline to the trees background. I find it very challenging to photograph shiny paper. Here's a close-up where you can see the true colors of the trees.



I found some tone on tone printed paper for the background and stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Color Layering Holly stamp set with Hero Arts Leaf Green ink.

It's been fun to have you here this week. Wishing you and yours, the very best of this holiday season.
sue

1 comment:

  1. I love those trees in the alcohol inks. Time to get them out again.

    ReplyDelete