Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Technique Tuesday 02-2018



Fun today!!!  Get out either craft paper or dark paper and get ready to color!  We are still using our white, silver and blue colors.  I had so much fun with this little guy!








This precious little penguin was a freebie from Whimsey Stamps!  I printed him on brown craft paper with dark brown ink.  Then the fun started!  I colored on this little guy for probably three hours.  It takes patience to layer colors to show depth and dimension on craft paper.  I used Prismacolor pencils (the key is keeping your pencils sharp).  The balls and the bell are colored with a silver pencil.  A white pencil was used to make highlights.  I must 'fess up - I colored him the first time in red and green because I completely forgot about white, blue and silver!  The panel is mounted on a royal blue card stock base with a sentiment on the inside "Have a Holly Jolly Birthday" I printed on my computer.  Dig out those pencils and have fun! ~ Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment