Thursday, June 8, 2017

Technique Thursday #23-2017

Today's technique is called no-line coloring and is done by stamping with a very light ink before coloring your image.  How to do this can be found here and here.

This technique can be a challenge the first time you try it, but Tantalaya shows it can be done with this beautiful card.


This technique really pushed me out of my comfort zone. My first attempt at no line coloring and it was almost an epic fail. I used a stamp by Gorjuss girls and I stamped it in MFT Hybrid Kraft ink and then colored her in with Zig clean color real brush markers. The lesson I learned was that it takes layers. You have to think of not only the final color but the final detail where when you stamp in black the final detail is there your just filling in the color. When I finished with coloring her in I grounded her using a gray marker and then colored around her with a pretty blue marker. To finish this off I added some butterflies from the Concord & 9th Butterfly Beauty stamp set and made flight marks using the gold Signo pen. - Tantalaya


I am also pretty new to the no-line method.


I stated by stamping the daisy image from the Unity Stamp Company Kit of the Month for May 2017 called Free Your Dreams on watercolor paper cut into a card base.  I used a a light shade of tan Distress Ink and then used Distress Ink smooshed on my worksheet with a water color brush to color in the daisies.  Since the daisies are white, I used a light shade of gray for the center of the petals and used blue around the petals to make them stand out. It looked a little plain, so I added a few sequins. It makes for a very dreamy image which I like.  I would probably use a light color of blue  to make this image again so that the colors don't make another color (in this case green) where the background paint meets the petals. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine after the color dried and came from the same Unity kit. - Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment