Friday, June 2, 2017

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #22-2017

C.A.S.E. cards are always fun because of how different the designers' cards can be.  Here is the card we will case today.


This soft card is from Sue is a perfect take of the inspiration.


Close up.


For my version of the CASE card, I started by pulling out the “script” piece of paper from the paper pack. I don’t own any cute lady stamps so I chose to focus on the colours used on the CASE card. I used Stampers Anonymous Floral Layering Stencil with distress inks (twisted citron, faded jeans and salty ocean). I used MFT Die-Namics Happy Hellos die to cut out the sentiment. To complete the card, I used a strip of blue tone-on-tone paper from the paper pack, placed on the right edge.- Sue

My card goes male.


While I have several girl stamps I needed a graduation card, so I decided to use this stamp from Unity Stamp company (called You Did Good).  I had this script page in the pack and used the school colors of the graduate for the watercoloring and the side panels.  Since I used Distress ink to watercolor on this regular paper, I had to be careful not to get it too wet.  It did warp a little, but using lots of tape on the back and mounting it on two cardstock panels made it straight again. The sentiment is from Altenew and is called Painted Greetings.  I needed something fairly heavy to stand out against the script.  It is different and I think he will like it. - Denise



1 comment: