Thursday, June 1, 2017

Technique Thursday #22-2017

Today we have a fun fold technique called a tunnel card because when you open it, it looks like looking through a tunnel.  You can find the details here.


Front

When I saw tunnel card, I wasn’t sure what that was. However, once I saw how one is created, it seemed do-able. To create the “inner” part of the card, I started with a piece of 5.5” x8.5” cardstock. I scored at 2 1/8”, 4 ¼” and 6 3/8” (all measured from one edge). Using MFT Die-Namics Zig Zag Sticked Oval Stax, I die cut the central oval. To add some interest, I added patterned paper to the side panels. For inside the tunnel (on the card base), the sentiment is from Essentials by Ellen’s Up the Happy stamp set. I decorated and added some colour with Hero Arts Garden Flowers by Lia and Hero Arts Shadow Inks (butter bar, soft cantaloupe and tide pool). Only the edge panels of the “inner” part of the card are adhered to the card base. I thought I was finished, then realized that the front of the card was blank. So, I added some strips of patterned paper of different widths, from the paper pack to create the card front. -Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment