Thursday, November 17, 2016

Technique Thursday #40-2016

Our month-long Tuesday Technique Challenge is negative space coloring-

Today Tantalaya came up with these beauties-


This fun technique from Jennifer McGuire was super fun. I decided to use distress inks for the negative space coloring. It really does make a very elegant card that doesn't need a lot of embellishments I used  the Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set and I embossed it with Ranger super fine detail gold embossing powder. I then used the Inkadinkado masking paper and cut a mask for each flower and then proceeded to color using the distress color mini cubes and blending tools. When I removed the mask I was left with this vibrant and simply gorgeous card.- Tantalaya

Gracie also did two impressive cards-




This is an easy technique and is limited only by your colors and imagination!  My images were stamped images received from an image swap; they're both stamped with Versa Mark ink and clear embossing powder.  On the Oriental background I used 3 shades of lavender Spectrum Noir markers and on the flowers I used 3 shades of coral.~Gracie 

As you can see, the designers thought this was a easy technique that makes very impressive cards, so try it on your next card.- Denise


1 comment:

  1. I've never tried this technique, but if my results could be half a lovely as these cards, I have to put it on my to-do list! Great job, ladies.

    ReplyDelete