Monday, October 3, 2016

Mistletoe Monday #34-2016

It's Mistletoe Monday and today we include a star or stars.

Here is a whimsical take from Kimberly -


STARS?  Yes Please!  Gold Stars?  OK! I created the entire card with the SOA Holiday Magic - Bright Baubles Stamp Set.  I inked the background with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on white cardstock.  The images and sentiment are stamped using traditional Holiday Colors.  I stamped several stars with Tsukineko Brillance Galaxy Gold Ink. The tree and sentiment are matted with Red cardstock and adhered to gold glitter paper.  This card sparkles and shines just like the stars in the sky.- Kimberly

Robbie also used gold stars, but in a very different way-


Stars are so fun to work with.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  I began with a card base of Night of Navy.  Since I was going to be embossing, I rubbed the card front and sentiment panel with Embossing Buddy so that no stray pieces of embossing powder would stick where I did not want them.  I inked the stars from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set with Encore Gold ink.  I then embossed them with Gold Embossing Powder.   I repeated until I was happy with my arrangement.  I then used the sentiment from Remarkable You and stamped it with Encore Gold ink and embossed with the Gold Embossing Powder.  I cut this panel down and mounted it onto a piece of Gold Foil sheet.  I added the sentiment with Stampin’ dimensionals.  I used the same Gold Foil sheet and punched out a star using the medium star punch.  I mounted this also with dimensionals.  While this is not a Christmas card, you could easily change to sentiment to one that would be used for the Christmas star.  - Robbie

Make a star the star of you next Christmas card - Denise




1 comment: