Saturday, October 8, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #34-2016

This colorful picture is our inspiration today.

What a striking example Robbie has done -



When I saw the photo I immediately was attracted to the heart strip and all the colors I decided to create my own version of the strip.  All supplies used are from Stampin’ Up.  I took a piece of Basic Black card stock cut to 4” x 5 ¼” and applied it to a Whisper White card base.  Then using the Swirly Scribbles thinlits I cut the wave shape using Smoky Slate card stock.  I used Tombow Multipurpose liquid glue to apply dots of glue to the back.  I set this aside to dry – letting the glue dry prevents the glue from oozing out all over but still is able to be stuck down.  While it was drying I used the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack to punch flowers using Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Mint Macaron, Pool Party, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, and Island Indigo.  I attached the wave shape to the left hand side of the card.  Then using glue dots I attached the flowers in the order listed above starting with Real Red at the bottom.  I added a small rhinestone to the center of all the flowers.  I used the Embossing Buddy in the lower right hand corner as I was going to emboss my sentiment and did not want stray flecks.  I used the “Thanks” from the Crazy About You stamp set.  Using Whisper White craft ink I stamped the sentiment and then embossed it with Whisper White embossing powder.  Love the look of this card. - Robbie


A different point of inspiration comes from Kimberly -

.

Today's card is inspired by the rich, vibrant jewel toned colors in the inspiration photo.  The stamp and die set is Wplus9 Watercolored Anemones. This layered stamp set is very easy to use as you don't have to stamp the layers perfectly to achieve great results.  I used blue and green dye inks to create the flowers and leaves.  The round die used to cut the image is by Sizzix.  The background is gold mirror cardstock embossed with a Spellbinders Texture Plate.  Assemble the card as shown and you are done.  Easy Peasy! - Kimberly

I am always amazed at what strikes our designers from the same picture and what beauty they create from it.  Get inspired with your own view of the inspiration photo. - Denise




1 comment: