Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #36-2016

Tuesday's color challenge-

Here is my card using these colors -


I purchased a whole stack of foil card stock in a 5 x 7 size at a great price, so I have been experimenting.  I ran the piece through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder called Bit of Paisley.  I then used a paint brush to apply alcohol inks within the various spaces created by the embossing. I had to apply them a couple of times to get it dark enough to see.  I then took one of the purple alcohol colors and wiped that across a plain piece of the foil with an alcohol applicator.  It dries quickly and I too that piece and cut out the name of the person this card was for on my Explore.  I love to personalize cards with the names of the recipient.  I backed the foil with StickIt before I cut it out which made it easy to stick on to a plain piece of plain foil.  I then stamped the Happy Birthday positioning it between the M and d of the name.  I attached it at an angle over the embossed piece and it was done.  I hand delivered it to a member of our congregation who is 91 years young and she loved it. - Denise



2 comments:

  1. Ooh la la, Denise! This card is a beauty. I'm so glad your explained how you did this because I would really like to try this myself. Labor intensive, though. That is some delicate cutting for the recipient's name...you must have steadier hands than I do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, That is why I let the Cricut Explore cut it out. My cutting skills are practically non-existent. I wish I could find a way to photograph my items better too. Can you see me with the camera reflected in the middle? lol.

      Delete