Sunday, October 30, 2016

Clean and Simple Sunday #38-2016

Clean and Simple is our Sunday motto.  To create a monochromatic card in tan, white or cream has been a month-long challenge and we end the month with Kim our guest designer all week long -


It's the details.

And a great inside.

This was the second card I made for this particular challenge.  Did you ever make a card that was going to be so great in your mind, but it didn't quite translate into great in reality.  It didn't make the cut...it made the trash.  This card may not look clean and simple, but it really did go together easily.  I used several unrelated cut files I purchased in the Silhouette store to combine for this monochromatic bridal shower card.  

To make the background, I used a stitched heart card file.  I took only the heart and reduced it in size to fit two across and three down.  I cut the umbrella base and then cut the individual pieces and popped them.  I cut flowers and leaves, randomly sized, and just played with the placement of them until I was happy with the look.  The final touch was the addition of pearls in three sizes to suit the flowers.

I think any bride to be would love this card.  I hope you liked it!  Kim 

Kim has a great blog katydidcards.com so check it out.-
Denise

1 comment:

  1. This card is fabulous-drool worthy in fact..... I love all of the details you added!

    ReplyDelete