Monday, July 18, 2016

July Stencil Extravaganza Week 3 Challenge 1...Day 2

Double stenciling can be done with the same stencil, as
we saw Kim do yesterday or you can use more than one stencil.

Let's see what today's designers did.


I cut this stencil on my Explore using the cartridge Artfully Sent by CTMH.  I used three colors of CTMH inks – Sky, Indian Corn Blue and Outdoor Denim.  I started on one end with the lighter color and blended into the medium and then the darker colors.  After that dried, I moved the stencil over until I was overlapping the circles and did the colors the same way again.  It ended up forming a sort of diagonal line.  I used the medium color to make a mat for the sentiment background.  
~Denise Sayers


This stencil was cut on my Explore using a cut that was already set up to be two steps.  Usually you would just cut it from two different colors, but it worked well as two stencils that work together.  The cartridge was called Creative Cards.  I first used a blending tool and rubbed a Distress Ink called Mustard Seed on card stock using the stencil with the most openings, after that I lined up the second stencil over the first and did the same thing using Crushed Olive Distress Ink.  The same inks were used to make the background mat.   A quick sentiment and the card was done. - Denise Sayers


Stencil – MFT – st31
Sentiment – Hero arts ‘awesome’
Distress Ink – picket fences, pine needles, cracked pistachio, evergreen bough & iced spruce
Process – I laid the stencil over some crumb cake cardstock, sponged the picket fences ink then moved the stencil over just a bit and then sponged on the other 4 colours giving a shadow effect. I stamped the sentiment, wrapped a bit of gold thread around and mounted it on a black card base. ~Tristan



Using the Large Grid Stencil from MIX-ables Stencils I applied Old Olive ink from Stampin’ Up to the back of the stencil.  I spritzed the stencil with water and set it on my watercolor paper and held it down.  I then used Bermuda Bay ink from Stampin’ Up and a make up sponge to apply ink to the stencil.  I spritzed the water color paper again and removed the stencil.  When the watercolor paper was dry I attached it to my Basic Black card base using Tear & Tape both from Stampin’ Up.  My sentiment is from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set and is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink onto white card stock all from Stampin’ Up.  I created layers of Bermuda Bay then Old Olive card stock, both from Stampin’ Up, and attached my sentiment to the layers.  The sentiment is added to the center of the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT & Guests

No comments:

Post a Comment