Saturday, July 16, 2016

July Stencil Extravaganza Week 2 Wrap-Up

Well it's been quite a week of stenciling.

We've gone from smooth mediums, such as spray mists and alcohol inks and watercolors to
masking and partial stenciling.

Today I've got a few more cards for you featuring these techniques.

I stenciled a few of the trefoils from a Hero Arts stencil and lightly spritzed with perfect pearls mist (homemade) and I really like this one. You can still see the stenciled design but it is a little artistic now.





These were my first time using my new Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. 
WOW do they spread when misted. 
This card I actually stenciled the flower in the corner but when I misted it with perfect pearls mist (homemade) it just bled into a watercolor mess, losing the flower altogether. 
So I dried it, then added back the stencil and used a baby wipe 
to remove the color from the stenciled area.

So don't think you have to use the entire stencil every time.  Use it as a guide to stamp with or selectively stencil only part of it.

Use any medium you have from markers to paints and stains. 



For this card I added the Ranger Distress Inks direct to paper then I laid on the my checkerboard stencil and used a baby wipe to "stencil" 

I love the very subtle effect of the one below.




I water colored using Ranger Distress Inks and then added the stencil 

and left it to dry (much like Maureen did in her video).
The sentiment is from a set by Jillibean Soup. The sequins are by Mint Owl Studio.






I started playing and couldn't quit.

I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine sprays in pink and gold and peach and a Prima stencil.

I sprayed the first card, then grabbed a second piece of paper and turned the stencil on to it and rubbed the remaining spray mist onto the piece. Thus giving me two for one.

I did it a second time and so I got 4 cards in a small amount of time.

I also used my spray mists to color my wooden embellishments.

That's probably enough cards for one day, don't you think?

We truly hope you are enjoying this Stencil Extravaganza and will
get out your stencils and look at them in a new way or pick one up the next time you hit the craft store or consider making one using your dies or diecutter.

Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment