Thursday, July 7, 2016

July Stencil Extravaganza Week 1 Challenge 2 ... Day 2

Didn't you just love all the fun texture on yesterday's cards?
Let's see where today's designers took the challenge.


 I cut the stencil on my Explore using stencil material from Hobby Lobby.  I used a lotus flower image from the cartridge called Kate’s ABC’s and a rectangle frame from Artbooking.  I made the frame to be an A-2 size and the stretched the lotus image so that it would touch on four sides of the frame.  I welded the two images together.  Making the  flower touch on four sides helped to make the image stable enough to use.  I made one where it only touched on three sides and it didn’t work out as well.  I found inspiration on Pinterest where someone used clear embossing powder to give the look of a ceramic tile and decided I could do something similar with clear embossing paste.  I first colored the various parts of the flower and the outside with various distress inks.  I saved the cutout parts of the flower so that I could tape them over the parts I didn’t want to color when applying the other colors.  After the colors were all applied, I lined the stencil over the design and after taping it in place, applied clear embossing paste over everything.  I then lifted it off and cleaned the stencil off pretty quickly as the paste will dry on it and be harder to get off.  The colored parts ended up nice and shiny with the white parts staying matte.  The next time, I will make sure the Distress Inks are completely dry since they sort of ran when spreading out the paste, but they might have anyway since they are reactive.   The beads on the side are because I accidentally got some black ink at the top when stamping the sentiment. – Denise Sayers


Tape down your white card stock to a hard surface.  Using the Heidi Swapp - Mixed Media Collection – Triangles attach to it to your hard surface also overtop the white card stock.  I then used Dreamweaver’s Translucent Embossing Paste and an old credit card to spread the paste all over the card stock.  I gently pulled off the stencil and immediately cleaned off the paste under running water.  I set the card stock aside to dry over night.  The next day, I took the card stock and using Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, and Rich Razzleberry ink using a make up sponge.  I spritzed it with water and allowed to dry.  Once dry, I removed the tape and used a paper trimmer to cut down the card stock.  I mounted it onto a piece of  Basic Black card stock with Tear & Tape, both from Stampin’ Up, cut just a little larger than the white piece.  These layers were added to a white card base.  I used Whisper White craft ink to stamp my sentiment from the Fresh Fruit stamp set and heat set using Whisper White embossing powder – all from Stampin’ Up.  I used the Curvy Corner Trio punch from Stampin’ Up to punch opposite corners of my sentiment.  It was added to the lower right hand corner using Stampin’ Dimensionals.  I then used black glimmer paper from Stampin’ Up and the Bold Butterfly Framelits, both from Stampin’ Up to cut out a butterfly.  I attached it to the upper left hand corner of the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals. ~Robbie


Come back tomorrow for more fun with texture.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT & Guests





1 comment:

  1. Nice job Robbie. I like the graphic feel of the triangles with the softer butterfly.

    ReplyDelete