Monday, May 9, 2016

Mistletoe Monday #18-2016

This month's 
(that's right we are going to do the same challenge for 
MM all month long, as we want to feature all the DT members with this one.)
 Mistletoe Monday Challenge
is to create a holiday card featuring NON-traditional colors.
So no, red and green or blue and white. 



Think WAY OUTSIDE the box!

Let's see what Kim came up with.



Well, I don't think I could have gone any more non-traditional than Concord Crush and Melon Mambo (both by Stampin' Up) and digital paper from the All That's Funky kit from Sweet Shoppe Designs.  I cut the base using a Silhouette Store cut file.  I changed things up a bit and cut the digital paper to fit exactly under front flap of the card.  If you're familiar with e-cutter terms, I did an internal offset on the front for the Melon Mambo panel and cut a full panel to place on the inside back.  Then I created my greeting and sentiment.  I did a pattern fill for the "Merry" and cut it and did the same pattern fill for the "Christmas" but converted that to print only.  In the pictures the word Christmas looks so busy, you can't really read it; but it does read okay in person...thank goodness. 
~Kim from Katydid Cards

  

  

Ok, so I went a little overboard on this challenge LOL. Peacock Feathers and Picked Raspberry and Citron Green, yeah I say those aren't exactly traditional Christmas colors.
I didn't have to dig far for a technique either, you know me, emboss resist is always a favorite.
~Theresa


We'd love to see what you do with this challenge.
Post your card to social media and tag us #CADCBlog.

Your card just might be featured on the blog.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT

2 comments:

  1. Theresa, you DID to crazy! All the combinations are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, love the bright colors. I love multi color lights on a Christmas tree and this give that feel. Theresa, love how different the same card looks just by changing up the colors in each one a little.

    ReplyDelete