Saturday, May 7, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #17-2016

This month's Saturday Inspiration is a 
Tic Tac Toe Challenge


Let's see what Gracie & Denise chose. 


I chose ribbon, yellow and gray, and birthday.  Dug out another cute little guy from my swap stack with a sentiment.  I can relate!  Too many gray hairs on this Gray Gray! (That's  what  my grandchildren  call  me  lol!)  The papers were gathered from my scrap box.  I colored the gray hare with my Spectrum  Noir  markers.  I like the little fellow!  ~Gracie




I used the right side of Ribbon, Yellow & Gray, and Birthday.  I have some beautiful paper from a Teresa Collins kit called Yellow Flowers and I thought it would be perfect for making this card.  I used a nesting set of rounded rectangles to cut a piece of the patterned paper in the three sizes.  I then cut gray paper just ¼ in bigger than each of the smaller two rectangles and rounded those corners and mounted them all on the same gray cardstock base.  I also found out you can heat emboss on ribbon which I did using embossing ink with a yellow embossing powder.  The birthday sentiment on the ribbon is from CTMH and the name was done by using a lettering stamp set by Martha Stewart.  On the inside, I stamped flowers from a stamp set that goes with the kit by Teresa Collins using Ranger Archival Ink in Chrome Yellow.  The sentiment is by Stampendous – their Birthday Assortment. – Denise Sayers 


Without any prompting Denise & Gracie chose the same column to create from
and what different cards they created.

We'd love to see what you do with this challenge.
Post your card to social media and tag us #CADCBlog.

Your card just might be featured on the blog.

Tune in next Saturday to see what another designer is up to.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are wonderful ladies. Funny thing, I chose the same three for my challenge...we are certainly in tune with each other, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I think we do have a similar style. I always love what both Gracie and you do.

      Delete
  2. Gracie, That card is so funny. I love it.

    ReplyDelete