Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #21-2016

Today's Color Challenge:





My inspiration for this card was the color palette with bright, fun colors. The bear peeking up from the corner was actually not planned! I had some cardstock that I was punching 1" circles from and noticed it looked like a character. I added the circles I just punched for the ears, white circles for the eyes, and a black circle punch for the nose. I ended up with a sweet little bear! In order to incorporate all the colors for this challenge, I used my tiny heart hole punch to make confetti for the backdrop. I finished off with my Lawn Fawn stamp for the sentiment. ~Maranda
The supplies I used on this project were:
Cardstock (in color challenge colors)     Recollections Glue Runner
Fiskars Paper Trimmer     Xyron Sticker Maker
Wiggly Eyes     Zots Glue Dots
Lawn Fawn Sentiment Stamp      Acrylic Stamp Block
Momento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad      Glossy Accents
1" Circle Punch       Small Heart Punch
Uniball Signo White Gel Pen


Pop dots, Stampin up What I love stamp set and perfectly penned, Stampin Up markers Island Indigo, and Bermuda bay, Tim Holtz markers tumbled glass, peeled paint, and forest Moss, American crafts marker cricket.  Stampin Up stamp pad certain celery, Olive colored, and white cardstock.

I stamped three flowers directly onto the white cardstock,  I then stamped two more onto white scrap paper.  I fussy cut out the two flowers and put them between the three flowers using pop dots.  I must admit... I did not care for the colors I was given,  but I think it turned out okay. ~Mindy


I have an obsession with 6 x 6 paper pads and have a lot of them, so I was able to find one with colors close to the challenge called Now and Then by My Mind’s Eye. I have also loved quilts since I was small and decided to do a pattern called Cathedral Window inspired by some cards on Pinterest.  It involves a circle and turning back the edges on for sides.  I tried to do it by hand, but had a hard time getting them even, so I turned to my Explore.  I started with a square in a size that would fit 3 across on my card.  I then placed a circle around it with a size that just fit around the four corners.  I attached the two together and made the square to be scored and the circle to be cut. I cut twelve total circles from 6 different papers which were double sided patterns.  It worked well since I could just fold on the score lines and they came out even sizes.  I folded them so that there was one of each pattern in the center and one for the edges.  At that point I just glued them to the card front and then glued the edges of each circle down.  The next time, I will reverse that order since I think they will be easier to place without gaps between them.  The sentiment is from a set called Material Girl, but I don’t know who the manufacturer is.  – Denise Sayers

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT
and June's Guest Designers

1 comment:

  1. Miranda, that bear is adorable and so cool that he is made out of basic shapes. Mindy, I sometimes struggle with the challenges too because they are not my normal style or colors, but I always learn from them and sometimes really like the outcome in spite of what I first think. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete