Thursday, February 4, 2016

Technique Thursday #4-2016

Today's technique challenge is is emboss resist.

Here are a few video links to get you started on this awesome technique.



Supplies: Stampin’ Up wildflower memory, sketched birthday

Detail white embossing powder, clear embossing powder
Misti  Versamark ink  Zig Kuretake Markers  Watercolor brush  watercolor paper ~Jennifer


I love this technique.  I had purchased this stamp by Basic Grey called Adrift and really wanted to try it with embossing.  Since it was so detailed, I didn’t know how it would work, but I love how it turned out. I stamped with embossing ink and then covered it with Sapphire Pearl embossing powder.  When it is heated, it has this lovely shine that you can see in the second picture.  I then rubbed  Tim Holtz Distress ink in Salty Ocean all over it.  I sprayed water over that and after a few seconds, blotted off the excess water.  It really has a churning ocean look to it that way.  I just printed my sentiment off on my printer and cut it with and oval die on my Cuttlebug.  ~Denise




This card was created by Gracie too using the emboss resist technique.
Gracie used black ink and clear powder to stamp the ship and sentiment before she 
created that beautiful seascape. 

If you haven't played with this technique you've got to try it.
It's so much fun.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT








No comments:

Post a Comment