Sunday, February 28, 2016

Clean and Simple Sunday #8-2016

Today's Clean and Simple Challenge is to create a
Thinking of You card.


Kim here, filling in for Theresa and I'm all alone this week on the DT. 
I hope you like the cards I've made for you this week.






I made the base of this card using a Lori Whitlock cut file purchased through the Silhouette Design Store, using Sahara Sand card stock with a mat from Color me Autumn DSP.  When I think CAS, I often go to my collection of digital images as was the case with the Sheltering Tree and Pendant Park images from Stampin' Up.  I colorized them in Photoshop Elements in a matter of 10 minutes and now they're saved should I ever wish to use them again.  I used the Print and Cut option in my Silhouette to cut the image oval and a mat from Cajun Craze, also SU.   I created the greeting using the "Always Here" font.  On the inside of the card, I continued the greeting in the same font and inserted just the corner of the bench to continue the theme inside the card.



I like making long/tall cards (to fit inside business envelopes) from time to time just to change things up a bit.  I created the card base in Silhouette by simply welding a rectangle and an oval and cut it from Bazzill card stock.  For the focal image, I used Stampin' Up digital images from the Rain or Shine set.  I easily colored them in Photoshop Elements and imported it into my Silhouette and cut it using the Print and cut feature.  With a piece of designer paper of (brand unknown), I cut a rectangle to fit inside the card on the back panel and a mat for the focal image which I made by welding a larger oval and a long rectangle to span the front.  I created the greeting using the "Dancing Script OT" font and used the same font inside.  The continuation of the greeting sits on a image from the Silhouette Design Store which I changed to print only.  

Happy Crafting
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Cute cards. I keep thinking I should do some long cards and after seeing yours, I will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denise. I just like doing something different every once in a while...that and the fact that I have too many business envelopes with no other purpose, LOL

    ReplyDelete