Saturday, February 6, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #4-2016

Today's challenge is Recycled Fun.

Use something recycled on your card.

Ideas to try: Acetate from packaging
Cardboard from holiday or cereal boxes
Soup can labels
????

What can you think of to reuse?

Let's see what Denise and Jennifer came up with.



  

I have decided to do Magic Window cards for birthdays this year and used this challenge to experiment with the idea.  It uses a clear sheet for the effect and I used the clamshell packaging that my Cricut cartridges come in for that.  I hate clamshell packaging, but am glad to find something to use it for. I put together some basic shapes on Design Space and cut out the card and insert on my Explore.  The plastic was cut on my paper cutter.  I used my new Stamp-a-ma-jig to keep the images where they needed to be on the clear plastic and insert paper.  The ink is Staz-on which will stay on the plastic without rubbing off.  I colored the balloon with various Spectrum Noir markers and added a few enamel dots.  You can find out how to make these cards on Youtube or Pinterest. They are really amazing to people, but pretty simple to actually do. ~Denise



I used the cover from meeting packet from work that had been 
sitting in craft room for a while and cover slip for CHA magazine  ~Jennifer

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT



No comments:

Post a Comment