Saturday, July 13, 2019

Stand Out Saturday 28-2019

Hello again and Happy Saturday!  Today we will make a card that stands out - a box, a step, a shaker, etc.  Today I decided to make an explosion box card!

Here is my card:




Oh, my!  It was fun to make but it took a while!  I started with 12 inch DSP and scored it at 4 and 8 inches along both sides.  I cut along the score line on the right side down to the fist score on each side, folded the paper over and used red line tape to make pockets on each of the four flaps.  I cut the second layer 1/2 inch shorter on each side and cut again but glued the flaps on the second layer and added contrasting paper cut 1/4 inch smaller to each flap of all the panels.  I attached the second layer to the first in the center with red line tape.  I added white roses, red metallic die cut butterflies, rhinestones and a red ribbon using a hot glue gun.  The lid is made from contrasting paper and decorated with my glue gun.  I made small tags and stamped birthday sentiments and placed them in each pocket.  I used my envelope punch board to create a slot in the pockets to easily remove the tags.  I went back and added a strip of contrasting paper to the outside of each flap.

I've had fun with red, white and blue the past two weeks!  I will be back next month!  Until then, have fun and Happy Card-Making!  ~  Gracie

1 comment: