Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Technique Tuesday 6-2019

It's Technique Tuesday!  Get out your Distress Inks and get ready to play!  Here is the link to a Jennifer McGuire YouTube video for inspiration:


And here are the cards I made today:








I started my cards with a card front die cut.  I inked a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch white card stock panel with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Pickled Raspberry, Candied Apple and Worn Lipstick).  I die cut the panel then lightly spritzed it with water.  I then placed it between two pieces of card stock and ran it through my Big Shot.  The ink and and image from the die cut transferred onto one of the panels.

I used the die cut to make the first card.  After it dried I secured it to another die cut then glued the die cut to a white card base.  I added four red rhinestones.  I die cut the "love" sentiment twice from the remaining inked panel and adhered it to the middle of the card.  Card one - done!

I trimmed the second panel down to 4 x 5 1/4 inches and tied a light pink ribbon around it.  I adhered it to a light pink card stock base.  I added the "love" sentiment from the first panel and three small metallic hearts.  Card two - done!  Perfect for the granddaughters for Valentine's Day! ~ Gracie 

1 comment:

  1. So cute Gracie. You did a great job. I confess that I am trying to do this for next week and have thrown three tries away. I wouldn't care, but all I can think of is "Look how much Distress & Distress Oxide ink I wasted". lol

    ReplyDelete