Thursday, March 31, 2016

Technique Thursday #12-2016

Today's Technique Thursday Challenge
is masked backgrounds.

Whether you create your background using a mask you've created or a bought stencil/mask or 
something you have laying around, you can create some really cool cards.


This card was made based on the YouTube video where a doily was used.  I used the back flap of a decorative envelope (one I just couldn't throw away - I'm glad - I found a purpose for it!)  I used Versa Magic turquoise gem ink on cream cardstock then "masked" the area where I sponged the envelope flap.  I couldn't find a background stamp I liked so I inked a Darice embossing folder and imprinted the keys.  I used Tim Holtz Seamless Experience stamp set with Tea Dye Distress Ink.   Added a few white metal dot accents. ~Gracie

Don't you just love all the layers on Gracie's card? AWESOME!!




I used a set of Glimmer Mist Masks and Perfect Peals Mist in Mint and Pewter.
I used Ranger Embossing Powder in Pewter for the sentiments. ~Theresa

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT



3 comments: