Friday, March 25, 2016

Anything Goes - C.A.S.E A Card Friday #11-2016

Today's C.A.S.E. A Card Challenge



I decided I would reverse the strip on my CASE of this month's card.  I remembered a quote I had seen a while ago and wanted to incorporate into a sympathy card and, for some reason, when I saw this card, I knew just what I wanted to do.  I started with the "Bold Branches" digital image from Stampin' Up.  I color matched it to Early Espresso, which I used as the card base and mat.  I placed the image on my panel and then created a small panel directly over it with just that portion of the tree.  The tree is barren, as in winter, above and below the panel and blooming inside the panel, as in spring.  The quote I used is "If we had no winter, the spring would no be so pleasant if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” –Anne Bradstreet  ~ Kim


I changed this up to be more country.  I ran red cardstock through my Cuttlebug using a folder called Bandana.  I then used white Hampton Art Pigment ink and gently ran the pad over the raised part of the embossing.  The denim paper is by The Paper Studio The sentiment was stamped using CTMH stamp from the Holiday Tags – Occasions collection with embossing ink and then heat embossed with white.  The square brads were some that I have had for a while, so I am not sure where they came from.  ~Denise 

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT

1 comment:

  1. Love the spring panel inside the barren tree. Very pretty along with the quote that I totally agree with.

    ReplyDelete