Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #11-2016

Today's Card Sketch Challenge




    

Since St. Patrick's day is right around the corner, I thought I'd use this sketch as an opportunity to make a card in honor of the occasion.  Representing the green panel in the sketch, I used three layers of Stampin' UP card stock, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery cut with an offset shamrock.  The bottom layer is attached to the card front and the other two layers are attached with mounting tape.  Rather than using a circle, I made an oval for the "Lucky" greeting and triple matted that on the same greens, in reverse order.  Inside, I changed my cut lines to print and inserted my sentiment inside it for something a little different.  ~Kim



This sketch reminded me of a window card, so that is what I made. I used double sided cardstock from Echo Park that was teal/green.  I cut the card out on my Explore so that I could decide the size of my opening and play around with the size of the golf ball, tee and green on Design Space. I swirled a little white on the teal to make it look a little like clouds.  The die cuts were done on my Cricut Explore and used the cartridges Everyday Paper Dolls and Sports Mania.  I thought the front looked a little plain, so I stamped it with a dot stamp using Hampton Art white pigment die.  The inside sentiment was printed off my printer and then cut using dies and my Cuttlebug. ~Denise

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT




2 comments:

  1. Denise, what a great card for a golfer! Love the peek-a-boo opening!

    Well, St. Patrick's day was right around the corner when I made the card...didn't give a thought that it wouldn't be seen until after...sorry folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still impressed you think about St. Patrick's Day a month ahead of time. It is cute and I love the layers of green. And I forgot to take the picture before I started to write in my card to send it for a birthday. lol.

    ReplyDelete