Saturday, May 23, 2015

Specialty Cards Saturday #16

Today's challenge is to create a shaker card.

Here is a couple of video links to help you out if this is a new technique for you:


Here is my card for you:

This is the shaker card as I originally created it, but I didn't like it. Way to plain.
Liked the concept in my mind but not the execution.  So I tore off the top layer and started over...
and this is the card I ended up with.  Better? Yes I think so.
Still not great but shaker cards are a real challenge for me.  

Here's Kathy's card for the challenge:

I  used a Tim Holtz Alterations die for the window.  I used discarded hard plastic from a toy  to make the window glass.  The paper and flowers are Hobby Lobvy supplies.  My one hint is to get foam tape rather than  dots or squares when using foam for raising the window. ~ Kathy


Isn't Kathy's card awesome? I love it, so simple and yet so pretty.

Make a shaker card or a shaker element for your scrapbook pages.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment