Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Technique Tuesday 25-2019

Today we have a technique that was new to me.  It is a slider card and Gina K has a good video with instructions on how to make this type of card.  It can be found here.




As you can see, pulling the tab lifts this little hedgehog into the clouds.  I started with a stamp from a Unity set called Hoppy and Hedgie.  I stamped the image and colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and then fussy cut it.  The place where the balloons come together was pretty thin, so I baked it with another strip of cardstock to reinforce it.  I had decided to make the parts on my Cricut Explore using basic shapes and Design Space.  Since this image was so long, I decided to put the square in the center and have the balloons disappear at the top as the hedgehog appeared.  I hand cut some clouds and added some Distress Ink blending to place around the opening.  I was going to stamp my sentiment directly on the cloud but forgot until it was attached and the foam underneath made it too bumpy to stamp, so it turned into a banner. I learned a lot and will probably do some things differently next time. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment