Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Technique Tuesday 24-2019

It's Tuesday and time to play with a technique... get a zip lock bag, a stapler, and some patience...

Here is our inspiration:


Here is my card:


Well, I made one last week that took FOREVER!  But this week went much faster.  I started with 2 white panels, cutting a rectangle in the first and drawing the rectangle on the second as a reference.  I die cut a lace frame and placed it around the rectangle.  I found a really bright Summer sticker set in my stash and added the beach ball and the sunglasses to the front panel and the umbrella inside on the second panel.  The sentiment is also from the sticker set and I placed it on white card stock and trimmed it then placed it on bright pink card stock and trimmed it as well.  I added the ribbon around the front panel then added foam tape behind to create a channel for my interactive slider.  On the second panel I used a straight edge and craft knife to cut 2 slits to place my plastic "conveyor belt" mechanism and stapled it on the back side at the top slit.  On the front I added some red line double sided tape and added a flamingo die cut from the Summer sticker set.  I attached a strip of white card stock to the back with the same tape at the top to use as a pull tab.  I added foam tape to the back of the second panel to create a channel for the pull tab.  I placed the panels on a bright orange card stock base.

Here is my card with the tab pulled down:


I really think it made a cheerful card!  ~  Gracie

1 comment: