Sunday, August 9, 2015

Clean and Simple Sunday #24

Today's clean and simple challenge is to create a kids birthday card.

Gracie created this stinkin' cute one for us.

Kid's Birthday - I had fun with this card!
Some of you know I almost lost my 3 1/2 year old granddaughter to a near drowning earlier this summer.
She was visiting the other day and wanted to "help" me.
The monster on the card is her creation!
Go hug your child or grandchild and let them make a mess in your craft room!  ~ Gracie

What great advice!  Get the kids crafting with you.  Create a "kit" that is all theirs, include some printed and colored paper, a few stickers, scissors, some googly eyes, glue sticks, crayons, markers, watercolor paints and most importantly the freedom to create whatever they desire.  Go buy a vinyl tablecloth from the Dollar Tree and let them make a mess. Then when they are gone, turn their creations into cards to send to them.  They will be thrilled to receive mail and will cherish the memories forever. 

Happy Crafting
Theresa & Gracie

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute and I am glad you are able to craft with your granddaughter. I also crafted with my 3 year-old great niece on Sunday and we made a wall hanging for her room using a canvas square and vinyl. I can't wait to have grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete