Friday, August 14, 2015

Anything Goes Friday #24 Guest Designer Tristan Dawes

We'd like to welcome back Tristan Dawes today as guest designer.

Hi. My name is Tristan and I live in the hilly leafy suburb of Eltham North in Victoria Australia. I’ve been married for just over 7 years now to my best friend (we’ve been together nearly 18 years) and we have a beautiful 8 year old daughter fondly referred to as Miss K.

I work full time which is a juggle with family life but that’s the way it is for the moment (I am dreaming of part time in the future). I’ve been working for the largest insurance company in Australia for the past 4.5 years as an instructional designer - what’s that I hear you say? Basically I write training programs for face to face, online, virtual classrooms, leader led and self-paced delivery. It’s a fun job and allows for me to be a little bit creative at work too.

I’ve been paper crafting for about 10 years now, but have really come into my own since joining an online community called Stamp Nation. I think I’m finding my style which leans towards CAS and as many of you know I’m a bit of a shop-a-holic and find it hard to not jump on board with new trends.

I created this card using a new set from Unity Stamps called 'pretty as a peacock'.
I stamped it in black Versamark and then coloured it with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I mounted it on black cardstock and then Stampin Up certainly celery card stock.

Hope you like it!  ~ Tristan

What a beautiful card Tristan has created! Since I'm a HUGE peacock lover, having raised them on our farm as a kid, this one is right up my alley.

Thanks Tristan!

Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment