Friday, August 21, 2015

Anything Goes Friday #25 Guest Designer Carey Payette

Today's guest designer is a return friend to CADC...Carey Payette.

I am a wife and mom to 3 very busy boys. I am a Canadian, living in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio since Y2K. By day I am a software developer, and by night I am a guitar student and black belt in Taekwondo. I am lucky that my boys and I get to enjoy music lessons and the martial arts together.

I've always had a crafty streak although I am at both ends of the spectrum. I love to create using nothing but my hands, scissors, stamps and inks, but at the same time I'm a total electronics geek and love playing around with the latest in microcontrollers and sensors and dabble in home automation. I've been paper crafting for almost 12 years, it is definitely my creative outlet and is very therapeutic. I love making cards and preserving memories through scrapbooking whenever I get the chance (which isn't very often, so I make it count!!)



Cover Plates, Cover Plates, Cover Plates!

Cover plates are die cuts that contain eye catching designs that cover the entire front of a card. They make very quick work of putting together a clean and simple card. Simply die cut your cover plate in your card stock of choice, and place it over that awesome background piece that you created trying out a new technique, or even over top some exquisite patterned paper. 

Cover plates are available from many companies as wafer thin dies, but there are also plenty of them available as digital cut files. These cover plates come in all styles, from fancy and elegant, to ultra-modern and geometric. 

This week's Anything Goes challenge is to use a cover plate to create a CAS card! 

Here is my sample:




Happy Crafting
Theresa & Carey



No comments:

Post a Comment