Thursday, February 5, 2015

Technique Thursday #1

Today's technique is to use distress inks to create a background for you card.

To help you get started with creating distress ink backgrounds here is a wonderful YouTube video from Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking Class that she did for the now defunct Two Peas in A Bucket website.

You can also check out Jennifer on her blog or YouTube channel.  She is a great source of inspiration for me.


Now on with the cards...

All of these clean and simple cards were created using distress inks.  I first used Versa Mark ink to stamp the sentiments that I wanted to remain white.  Then I applied white embossing powder and heat set.
I then used my Ranger Mini Distress Tools and Distress Inks to color them.
 Each one is a combination of three or four colors.  I then heat set (for speed) the distress inks and stamped the
sentiments in black.   When this was all dry, I misted each one with Perfect Pearls spray.
They are mounted on the card bases using foam tape. 











I'd like to thank Jennifer McGuire for the idea of the Mixed Sentiment Card. You can see Jennifer's version HERE.

Don't forget to upload your cards to our Flickr Gallery

Happy Crafting

Theresa




No comments:

Post a Comment