Monday, February 9, 2015

Mistletoe Monday #2

Today's challenge is to create a holiday card with a little sparkle on it.



I've created for you cards today with lots of sparkle.  The first group are all napkin cards and if you don't know what a napkin card is search YouTube for paper napkin cards and lots of great tutorials are at your fingertips.

I apologize that the photos aren't great.  I was trying desperately to find my pics of these cards but alas I can't locate them on my computer and so I had to download them from Facebook from the pics that the recipients took.




All of these cards in real life are super shimmery and glittery. I used Stampin' Up Iridescent Ice embossing powder with Versa Mark ink  over the napkin layers.  By using the EP instead of glitter and glue and glitter won't rub off. 


This card is one I made a couple years ago but it is one of my very favorite cards.  I used glitter paper and cut out the snowflake on the envelope with my Cricut.  I also cute the snowflake from the white embossed paper layer, then added it on top using foam tape to add dimension to the glitter layer.




Maybe your not a glitter fan but want to had some shimmer instead to your cards.  Then maybe using a shimmer mist or Perfect Pearls spray or Wink of Stella pen is more up your alley. 

Perhaps using gems or pearl would be your sparkle method of choice.

This last card uses Perfect Pearls powder over an embossed layer and pearls for its shimmer and sparkle.


I hope I've inspired you to add some sparkle to your cards.

Don't forget to upload pics of your cards to our Flickr Gallery.

Happy Crafting

Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment