Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Color Challenge Tuesday #2


Today's color challenge is a blue/green color palette based on one of the cards that I made.

Here is the Sherman Williams Chip It color swatch:


The first sample card is the Chip It card.


I created this card from a sketch, my Stamp Nation friend and Design Team Member, Alison Cope.  You can see Ally's wonderful work on her blog at http://yourmemoriescanada.blogspot.ca/.

I love the soft color palette and because it is more gender neutral can be given to either male or female.  

This second card is also based on the same sketch but I tweaked it a bit, by turning the sketch to a horizontal layout, removing the oval element and rotating the stripe across the card and moving the flag element.  I also split up my sentiment.  I also added a little bling to this card by using the soft green gems for the centers of the flowers.



I'm going to share one more card with you today, but it isn't for the color challenge but rather another take on Ally's sketch.  This one is a new baby card for my niece who is expecting another boy in May.  Can't wait to meet him. 
Again on this card I turned the sketch horizontal and dropped the strip of paper across the card. I changed the oval to a scalloped rectangle and added some twine and that cute little whale popped up on foam tape. 


I hope you've found inspiration in today's challenge and don't forget to post your cards to our Flickr gallery.

Happy Crafting

Theresa







No comments:

Post a Comment