Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The holidays go to the animals...

Mistletoe Monday...Original Posts from September 2016
For Mistletoe Monday include an animal



This card was super quick since the papers and the stickers used were all from a Carta Bella collection called Warm and Cozy.  I liked the rustic look of this kit.  You can get so many cards and layouts from these types of collections since all the papers and embellishments go together. – Denise



Sue included this fun reindeer 

Looking through my stamps, I found this super cute reindeer from The Alley Way’s Fa-La-La stamp set. I added colour with copic markers. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Ornaments stamp set. I found some scraps from Basic Grey’s Wassail paper line which I used to create the background. To make the reindeer panel pop, I matted it with a piece of black cardstock. -Sue

Tantalaya choose a bird for her card -
I used Stampin' Up! Among the Branches stamp set. I then stamped the sentiment to look like it was attached to the tree branch by drawing a line up with a micron archival ink pen and then did the same thing with the ornaments completing the circle around the branches. To finish the card off I added pink taffeta stickles to the center of each snowflake and then added sparkling clear mix sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Now Gracie has this card with some great folds and a cute cat stamp.
.

Hampton Arts stamp - fun!  I cut the card base on my Silhouette. I stamped my images on whisper white cs with Memento  Luxe  Tuxedo  Black ink and embossed  with  clear embossing  powder .  I water colored my images then fussy cut them.  I put some brick red cs on the panels if the card then attached my cat and mice.  Ready for the tree to be up so I can pull  the  cats out all through December!  The heat index is just 100 degrees today. ~ Gracie


Sometimes it is fun to look through our stamps and create things we haven't done for a while, so look for an animal from your stash to use. - Denise

Well here's my take on this challenge:


I challenge you to get out your cute and cuddly creature stamps and create something holiday
with them.  Take them to someplace you wouldn't normally think about them.

Here I've used Paper Smooches stamps to create two different cards for Christmas.
By keeping the animals all white and gray they look more "arctic" and thus more holiday.


Add accessory stamps or die cuts to give them a holiday themed outfit.
Here my moose sports a Santa hat but it could be scarf or stocking cap.
You could even use something like a sled, snowman or inks and masking like I've done
to create a winter scene. 


Have fun with the stamps you have and stretch their uses to more than just a 
cutesy kids card.

Happy Crafting

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment