Monday, December 4, 2017

Bold Sentiment Holiday Cards

Mistletoe Monday... Challenge Originally published 10-10-16

The challenge today is to use a big sentiment.  
Tantalaya starts with this very elegant card that proves Christmas cards 
do not have to be colorful to make a real impact-


For this card I used the stampin' up! set called Snowflake Soiree and I used Stampin' Up! inks and Versafine ink to create a layered snowflake look. To finish it off I stamped the Believe and then covered in clear embossing powder giving a pretty shine over the card. - Tantalaya.

Gracie really made the sentiment stand out with this card-


I started with my sentiment .   I die cut the "merry" from red cs and touched it up with clear wink of Stella to make it sparkle.  I used a Darice snowflake embossing  folder on whisper  white  cs and lightly rubbed the snowflakes  with Tim  Holtz  peacock feathers distress ink. I mounted the panel on light blue cs. I added the "merry" and a few clear rhinestones  I  colored light blue with my Spectrum  Noir TB3 marker. The card is a white cs base. ~ Gracie  

What sentiment can you use to make the focal point of your next holiday card? - Denise


Well I took this challenge today and here are the cards that I came up with:







Yes, a large sentiment can support an entire card.  
Have you made your holiday cards yet?

Happy Crafting 
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment