Monday, December 11, 2017

Anything Goes Holiday Cards

Mistletoe Monday...Originally Posted 8-22-16

It's Mistletoe Monday and the challenge is Anything Goes.

Sue created this elegant card - 
I created this card with three of Catherine Pooler’s Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic box’s stamp sets. To make the background, I used The Ton’s Holiday Flourish with Hero Arts Shadow Ink Field Greens and Pale Tomato.  For the center panel, I used Winnie and Walter’s Holiday Trimmings stamp set with Hero Arts Shadow Ink Pale Tomato for the red strips. The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays’ Snowy Sayings stamp set. I added three pearls to balance the off-set sentiment.

And the card by Angie -
I really love Christmas. It is by far my favorite time of the year. I tried to keep this card simple. The image is from the Merry and Bright ATS from Fun Stampers Journey, I stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock using River Rock ink. I then embellished the image using the Journey Sequins-Blue Skies, which were glued on with glue dots. The patterned paper is from the Winter Fresh Prints mini pad. Also, I embossed the front of the card with the Beach Towel Embossing Folder by Fun Stampers Journey. 


Now my cards for the challenge: 

I made several cards based on this video by Jennifer McGuire Ink



 

 

I used Ranger Distress Inks for all the backgrounds and Perfect Pearls or 
Pearl EX Powders to create the faux metal effect. 
I used a variety of Darice and Sizzix embossing folders.

Hope you like them.  I highly recommend giving this technique a try. 
It is lots of fun and produces an awesome card.

Happy Crafting
Theresa

1 comment: