Monday, September 18, 2017

Masculine Monday 38-2017

I love making masculine cards and it was a little challenging using the pearlized layering for a male card, but I really like what I finally came up with.


I have a background stamp from Local King Rubber called Timberline that looks like part of the end of a log.  I thought it would look cool with the shimmer from the Perfect Pearls so I took a dark brown card stock and swiped Versamark all over it and used Perfect Bronze Perfect Pearls. on it.  As it turned out, just swiping did not put it on evenly and the Perfect Pearls didn't adhere correctly.  On to another piece of cardstock.  This time I used a brayer to apply the Versamark before using the Perfect Pearls.  The Perfect Pearls did go on much better.  When I inked up the background stamp with Versamark and stamped the prepared cardstock, I didn't push evenly and the pattern didn't show up very well.  On to my third try and that seemed to be the charm.  I did use a part of the second try to stamp the sentiment (also with Versamark to remove the Perfect Pearls).  The sentiment is from Jillian Vance and is called TREEmedous Love.  I used nesting dies to cut around the sentiment and mat. Also don't forget to use a fixative over it or it will rub off which is a lesson I also learned on the second try.- Denise 

No comments:

Post a Comment