Sunday, September 17, 2017

Clean & Simple Sunday 38-2017

This is Denise and I will be the designer for this week as we are inspired by Jennifer McGuire all this month. 

This week I will be using a technique called Pearlized Stamp Layering.  How to do this technique can be found here.

Today is a Clean & Simple card.


This technique involves stamping with Versamark, applying Perfect Pearls and then stamping over that with Versamark using the layering part of the stamp.  I used two stamps from the Unity Stamp Company's KOM for August called Never Be Afraid. that are meant to be layered. I stamped the base on navy card stock and dusted the Perfect Pearls color called perfect pearls.  I then used the second set on top of that which removes the Perfect Pearls in that pattern.  for the sentiment, I applied Versamark on a scrap piece of the navy cardstock, put on the Perfect Pearls and then stamped the sentiment using the Versamark which removed the Perfect Pearls and let the navy cardstock show through.  A couple of things I learned was to use an embossing buddy on the cardstock to help keep the Perfect Pearls from sticking where you don't want it.  Also I had to spray a fixative over the image after using the second set, but before working to put the card together or it would rub off. It shimmers a lot more in person, than the picture shows. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment