Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sweet & Simple Sunday 12-2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I am starting this week out with this trio of cards.


I started by stamping this shamrock and sentiment from Unity's February 2019  KOM called Ridiculously Amazing with Versamark. Using a stamp positioning platform like a Misti makes it very easy to make multiple cards in a short amount of time.  I did put on the gold embossing powder after each card was stamped before stamping the next one, but did the actual heat embossing for all of them at the same time.  I had fun experimenting with different ways to finish them.  On the green cardstock card, I took the Versmark ink pad and swiped at the edges of the card, then added the gold embossing powder to that.  The bottom card was done by blending various green Distress Oxide inks and swiping over that with a wet paper towel. For the top right one, I used a Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist called Money Bags.  There is a close up below of just how great this looks. It has gold highlights in the green.  

Try making multiples of an embossed image then play around with different techniques, it is fun. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment