Monday, October 16, 2017

Masculine Monday - 42-2017

It’s Masculine Monday. Continuing on with Stacked Die Cuts this week, here's my card.



This card is heavy – there are three panels of different shades of teal, adhered to the white card. I carefully lightly marked the vertical centre of the darkest teal panel with a pencil. I used Quickutz Nesting Starburst dies for this card. I positioned the four smallest dies and taped them in position. NOTE: tape the non-cutting side of the dies (yup, on more than one occasion, I ended up taping the wrong side!)  Position the dies in line with the pencil mark. Die cut the first panel. Carefully, remove the largest die. Position the next darkest panel directly under the first diecut panel. Then, carefully position the remaining dies, so that they are in the centre of the first diecut and diecut this second panel. Again, remove the next largest die from the grouping. Position the second panel directly over the third, lighted teal panel and carefully position the grouping of dies in the centre of the opening and die cut this third panel.  Finally, with a piece of sparkly silver cardstock, die cut the smallest star. I didn’t do a good job of perfectly positioning the panels before diecutting the successive stars. I found that if I trimmed each panel a bit, I would be happier with the finished product because the next step is to adhere the various panels to one another with the darkest on top. For the sentiment, I heat embossed with silver embossing powder from Lawn Fawn’s So Jelly stamp set. Remember to erase the pencil marks.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

1 comment:

  1. Those shades layered like that really make the star have dimension.

    ReplyDelete