Thursday, August 3, 2017

Technique Thursday #31-2017

The embossing technique we are using today uses an embossing folder on wax paper to make a transfer to use on the card stock.  Two videos showing the steps for this can be found here and here.


Close up

I ended up really liking this technique. I cut several sheets of wax paper and choose six different embossing folders to experiment with.  I used two sheets of white card stock for each piece of wax paper that I had embossed (one on each side of the embossed wax paper).  I did not crumple the was paper first. The one for the background of this card was a wave embossing folder by Darice. After transferring the wax image to the white card stock, I went over it with a blending tool and Distress Oxide ink (Salty Ocean) very lightly.  I loved how the pattern showed up like magic.  The image is from Unity Stamp Company called Spirit of a Mermaid. I colored it with colored pencils.  I then put Wink of Stella on the tail and crown to make it more magical. The sentiment base was colored with one of the same colored pencils I used on the tail and then smoothed out with Gamsol. The sentiment is from the same set. - Denise

I really liked this technique because I don't have a lot of background stamps, but I do have a lot of embossing folders, so this gives me a lot of options to do various backgrounds. I did find out that medium to larger patterns work better.  I used a houndstooth that didn't really show at all, it was all just crinkles.  Here are some more examples.






No comments:

Post a Comment