Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Sympathy Tuesday #31-2017

Today we go for a soft look in a sympathy card.



I have been playing with my new Distress Oxide inks.  I stamped a flower image from Unity Stamp Company set called Time to Enjoy Life with Versamark on whited card stock.  I then used clear embossing powder on the image and set it with a heat gun.  I used the following colors of Distress Oxide ink - Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint, and Wilted Violet.  I used an blending tool and went over the areas, but didn't mind when they went outside of the lines since I wanted it to be a sort of soft dreamy look.  I then sprinkled it with water, let it sit for a few seconds and then blotted it with a tissue.  It left watermarks that were a little too stark for me, so I went over the areas lightly with the same color which softened the watermarks, but still left them. I blended the violet color on another piece of cardstock to use as a mat. and put it all on a black card base.  I stamped a sentiment from a set called Remembering With You in Versafine ink. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment