Thursday, July 27, 2017

Technique Thursday #30-2017

The technique for today is called iron-off embossing.  You can see videos to do this here and here.

It really shines in Sue's card.


I started with Hero Arts Looped Circle pattern decorative, Versamark ink and clear embossing powder and heat set the panel. I added colours with distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade and picked raspberry) with ink blending tools. To add the shine, I spritzed with water mixed with a bit of Perfect Pearls in my mini mister.  I left the card overnight to dry. Then with my iron and some printer paper, folded in half, I placed the card into the folded printer paper and carefully ironed the paper. I checked periodically to ensure that the embossing powder was being removed and moved the card around to a “clean” section to iron the card again.The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Flower Friend stamp set, cut out with Stampin’ Up’s Decorative Label punch. - Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment