Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thursday Technique #9

Today's technique challenge is inlaid diecutting.

So grab your dies and let's get creative.



I used Ranger watercolor paper and Ranger Distress Inks to create this rainbow background piece. 
When it was all dry, I used a Sizzix die set to cut the rainbow with clouds and the Hello. 

I used a second piece of RWP to cut the same two dies being extremely careful not to lose any of the bits.  

I then added a thin piece of copy paper with lots of adhesive to the back of the background and inlaid the opposite paper diecuts adding back in the "bits" from the letters of the Hello to complete the piece.

What you get is a completely flat card front with lots of cool detail. 

Here is a great video by Jennifer McGuire showing how to do this technique.

I hope you'll give it a try. 

Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment