Saturday, December 2, 2017

One Stamp Set Saturday - 48-2017

Today ends my week and the challenge is to use one stamp set.  I only used one set, but ended up making four cards to end with a bang.

The stamp set I am using is the October 2013 KOM from Unity Stamp Company called Oh Christmas Tree.  I took three sentiments from the kit and lined them up one under the other on a stamp block and then stamped them slightly offset in columns on white card stock to make a background.  I stamped an ornament from the set and fussy cut it along with another sentiment.  I punched holes in both of those and tied a ribbon through them and around the background piece which I popped up on foam tape before matting that on red card stock to make a monochromatic card.
This card used the same set.  I just stamped the sentiment and image on cream cardstock , cut out around them, and then colored the trees by brushing a green watercolor marker along the lines and red on the hearts.  Everything was placed a little different angles along with a yellow piece of cardstock on plaid paper.  It looked a little plain, so I put on some sequins and called it done.
This was a different kind of card.  I chose four different stamps and kind of stamped them in various places (some off the paper) using one stamp twice in Versamark and then heat embossed in gold.  I used Distress Oxide inks on top of that and sprinkled with water.  After I blotted the water drops off, I went over it again with the Distress Oxide inks.
This final card was the most labor intensive.  First I stamped the jar with Versafine black ink on velum and made sure not to ink up the very back of the ring at the bottom.  I heat embossed it. and then colored behind the velum with Spectrum Noir markers on the lid, bow and holly.  I stamped the bow and holly on white card stock and heat embossed it too.  I used the Spectrum Noir markers to color and fussy cut around them.  The Holly was very fussy to cut! I carefully attached it on top of the velum but left the edges free and bent them slightly up to add dimension. I stamped the candy and placed it under the velum jar which I taped around the edges only.  Another sentiment and a few sequins and I thought it made a cute card. 
Close up of overlay.
Believe it or not, three were still stamps in the set that I didn't get to use because I ran out of time.  I hope everyone enjoys the season. - Denise






No comments:

Post a Comment