Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Gold & Silver Holidays

Mistletoe Monday...Originally Posted 6-27-16

Today's Mistletoe Monday Challenge:
Use gold or silver as the only ink/embossing powder for the design.
Use a dark colored card base (black/navy/etc).


Using my darkest blue that wasn’t “blackish”, I dry-embossed (using my Cuttlebug) a wintery scene. Embossing ink and powder were adhered in silver, then heated up the gun and WHOOSH! I watched the melting effects create a silvery nighttime snow. 
(Please don’t mind if it’s a beat stormy-looking…)  ~Lisa
Supplies:
Cardstock: Reflections (Michaels Stores)
Embossing Ink: Inkssentials
Embossing Powder: ZING! (Silver)
Embossing Folder: Cricut-Cuttlebug (Provocraft)




Starting with a 3.5 x 5 black card base, I stamped the sentiment and floral piece, from the Gina K Designs Stamp TV kit Better With You, with Versamark Ink and then heat embossed with Hero Arts silver embossing powder.  I lined the stamped piece with an embossed silver cardstock from Create & Craft and then attached all to a black card base.  I chose simple embellishments in the right hand corner to balance everything out.  The beauty of silver against black doesn't need much! ~Colleen



I used Gold and Silver Delicata Ink to stamp the ornaments and to create the
sheet underneath. 


I used Silver Delicata Ink with clear embossing powder to create this background.
This is one of my most favorite cards I've made. I just love how it turned out.  ~Theresa

Here's a few more cards for this challenge:

Delicata Silver Ink set with WOW clear embossing powder on Stampin' Up Paper.

Delicata Gold Ink set with WOW clear embossing powder on Stampin' Up Paper.



Delicata Silver Ink set with WOW clear embossing powder on white cardstock.


Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT & Guests

No comments:

Post a Comment