Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thursday Technique #14 Embossed Vellum

Today's challenge is to create a card that uses embossed vellum. You can interpret embossing two ways.  You can dry emboss using a stylus or an embossing folder or you can wet emboss using embossing powders, sticky ink and a heat tool.

Kathy chose to dry emboss.

Kathy says: I used Hobby Lobby background paper with turquoise
dots.  I used Stampin'Up printed vellum with tiny dark gray dots and
embossed it with a dot patterned embossing folder (getting the theme here?
;-) ).  I then used a Fiskars clear stamp set for the coffee cup and the
sentiment.  The turquoise string is from Stampin'Up.   I colored the cup and
edging of the rectangle with Stampin'Up markers.


I've got samples for you that show the wet emboss method.





All four cards are from the same 8.5 x 11 sheet of vellum.  I stamped and heat (or wet) embossed the flowers on the front (smooth) side of the vellum and then flipped the vellum over and added Ranger Alcohol Inks in red tones and used the gold additive.

Give vellum embossing a try. It is fun to play with.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment